About > What We Believe
- In the divine inspiration and inerrancy of Scripture. The word of God is eternal and unbroken.John 1:1-14, 2 Timothy 3:15-17.
- In one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 12:28-31, 1 John 5:7
- In the deity of our Lord, Christ Jesus. Jesus is God incarnate, and was manifest in human flesh.John 1:1-14
- That God created all things and that by His will they exist. Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 45:12, Isaiah 45:18, Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 11:3, Revelation 4:11, Revelation 10:6
- That it is God’s desire that all be saved. 2 Timothy 2:4.
- That all people have sinned and the result of that sin is eternal death (hell). But, through Jesus, forgiveness and salvation are freely given, resulting in an eternity with Him in Heaven. Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, John 14:1-6, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.
- In the reality of Satan, whom the Bible calls “the father of lies” John 8:44, and “who masquerades as an angel of light” 2 Corinthians 11:14. Genesis 3:1-15
- In the atoning death of Jesus Christ, who died on the cross – offering Himself up as the perfect sacrifice for sinful human beings. Romans 5:6-10, 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
- That Jesus Christ is the risen Savior. Jesus rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to receive His own. Acts 1:8-11,Romans 8:31-35, John 14:3.
- In the personal work of the Holy Spirit in bringing people to faith and in teaching believers God’s truth. John 16:13.
- In salvation by grace. This is a free gift from God, given to all who believe in His Son Jesus, the Christ, and receive Him as Savior.John 1:12, John 14:6,Romans 10:9-13
- That God extends His grace to us through the means of grace: The Bible, Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper. Hebrews 4:12,1 Peter 3:21, Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30, Luke 22:17-20.
- That God instructs all Christians to be actively involved in a local church for their spiritual growth. Hebrews 10:24-25.